What we need from you when submitting photos to robertharding
- Traditional SLR/Mirrorless cameras - photos must be jpg format (saved as quality 10 after RAW conversion) with Adobe RGB 1998 colour profile embedded, be a minimum of 50mb when uncompressed (panorama’s 100mb) and a maximum of 150mb.
- Mobile Phone cameras - photos can be accepted from 8-megapixel cameras and above for our royalty free collection.
- Photos must be well composed, correctly exposed, in-focus and free of dust, artefacts, excessive noise and any post production defects (keep sharpening to a minimum).
- Photos must be submitted on an image exclusive basis and not be represented by any other stock agency, this includes sister images or similar's
- Required metadata fields for each submitted photo are caption, country and shoot date, if not embedded in your photos this can be added in our portal
- Images must be no older than 3 years unless previously discussed with an editor.
- It is extremely important to accurately caption your images and video clips, customers expect images to be accurately described and our keyword team will use your captions to populate your images with useful keyword tags.
- You should only describe what is visible in the image.
- Use only English characters, our website cannot translate foreign language characters and these will appear unreadable.
- Images and clips featuring animals must include the common and scientific names of the species as well as the location shot. Unfortunately images of captive animals cannot be accepted.
- Captions/descriptions must be written in the following format – Brief subject description, Location, Country. For example, Samba dancer in the Sambadrome, Rio Carnival parade, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Model and Property Releases
- Photos of recognisable people or taken on private property or containing copyrighted/trademarked material must be submitted with fully compliant model and or property releases or be carefully removed with photoshop (e.g license plates, logos, boat names etc.). Please only use our releases which can be downloaded here.
Download Model & Property releases for your content
- Releases must be fully completed, images with incomplete releases will be returned or accepted as editorial use only.
- We reserve the right to contact the models or properties to check compliance.
- Unreleased images may be selected for editorial use only if required.
Drone Images and Video
We do accept images and video shot with a drone, these are still subject to having and providing to us any required model/property releases for commercial use. However there are legalities to be aware of when flying a drone to capture stills and video for commercial use, these will differ on a country-by-country basis, for most countries you must be a qualified UAV pilot, have a licence, insurance and permission to fly/photograph over land, property and people, it is the responsibility of the photographer to have the required documents before shooting, we expect you to have full knowledge of where you can and cannot fly and may also request eyesight of any documentation before accepting the submitted work.
Our specialist areas are Travel, World Cultures, Wildlife, Nature and the Environment.
- We are particularly looking for a more diverse range of images depicting culture and life around the world. In particular festivals, local markets, food, traditions, customs, agriculture, industry, local economy, rural and urban scenes, architecture and businesses. There is a particular need for images and video of travellers exploring and interacting with the local population. All the above shot in a contemporary and vibrant style.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual property rights infringements are becoming an increasingly growing subject that many photographers may be unaware of. Intellectual property includes trademarks, designs, architecture, artworks, private property and rights to privacy.
- We regret we are unable to accept images or video of any sporting or concert events where commercial photography is prohibited. Many museums, castles or any property that charge visitor admission fees do not allow photography for commercial use without written permission. Other problematic subjects include graffiti and street art and any copyrighted artwork in a public space.
- Please research ahead of submitting any images but If you are unsure whether a particular place or subject may be an issue please contact us for advice.
If you would like to join robertharding and be part of our team of professional media creators we recommend familiarizing yourself with our image galleries for an idea of the standard and subject range our customers are looking for. Please complete our short registration form and upload an initial submission of 5 photos, we will be back to you as soon as we have reviewed your submission. Don't get put off if your submission is rejected as the bar is set pretty high. We will give you help and advice and encourage you to make another submission
If you need any advice on submitting content or are planning a shoot and need a shoot brief, please get in touch and a member of our creative team will assist you.